Swim & Fitness encourages all patrons to be sun safe. To assist you in planning your day at one of our facilities, please consider the following:
- Shade areas are a premium at our facilities and there is reduced shade options at some of our facilities. You are welcome to bring your own shade structure (i.e. pop up beach sun shade or shelter structure). Beach umbrellas, sunshades or shelters with pegs and ropes are not allowed as they cause potential trip hazards and any shelter must be erected only on grass areas away from main walk and pathways.
- Cancer Council NSW recommends that when the UV Index is 3 or above, you should protect your skin in five ways:
- Slip on clothing that covers your arms and legs
- Slop on 30+ broad-spectrum sunscreen
- Slap on a broad-brimmed, bucket or legionnaire hat
- Seek shade
- Slide on wrap-around sunglasses